This set of Electrical Measurements Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Advantages and Limitations of Maxwell Bridge”.
1. Balance equation is dependent on frequency.
2. How can R1 be scaled?
a) by using a scale
b) by using an ohmmeter
c) by calibration
d) by using a galvanometer
3. What is the significance of the balance equation on losses?
a) independent of losses in inductance
b) independent of losses in capacitance
c) independent of losses in resistance
d) independent of losses in the circuit
5. The balance condition is _________
a) is easy to obtain
b) is difficult to obtain
c) can’t be obtained
d) exists always
6. At high Q values, the angular balance condition is _________
b) not satisfied
c) independent of Q factor
d) partially affected
7. Bridge can be used for the measurement of _________
a) high Q values
b) intermediate Q values
c) very low Q values
d) low Q values
8. Commercial Maxwell bridges measures _________
a) inductances in the range of 1 to 1000H
b) capacitances in the range of 10mF to 1F
c) resistances in the range of 0.001 Ω to 1Ω
d) power in the range of 1W to 50MF