This set of Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Advantages of Bridge Circuits”.
1. What is the relation between the balance equation and the magnitude of input voltage?
a) directly proportional
c) inversely proportional
d) depends on the null indicator
2. Accuracy of bridge circuit depends on _________
a) component values
b) null detector
c) voltage source
d) current source
3. What happens to the balance condition, if the source and detector are interchanged?
a) increases by a factor of 2
b) reduces to half
c) remains unchanged
d) independent of the type of source and detector
4. The simplest type of bridge used for the measurement of medium resistances is known as _________
5. How is the measurement accuracy in a bridge circuit?
6. The bridge circuit can be used in _________
a) high voltage circuits
b) low power circuits
c) control circuits
d) digital integrated circuits
7. Commonly used D.C. bridges are _________
a) Schering and Anderson
b) Maxwell inductance and capacitance
c) DeSauty and Wagner
d) Wheatstone and Kelvin
8. In control applications, one arm of the bridge circuit contains a _________
a) capacitive element
b) resistive element
c) inductive element
d) impedance element
9. What are the physical parameters that are to be controlled when a bridge is used in control applications?
a) area and volume
b) mass and weight
c) pressure and temperature
d) current and voltage