This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Bias Compensation”.
1. Compensation techniques refer to the use of_________
2. In a silicon transistor, which of the following change significantly to the change in IC?
3. The compensation techniques are used to_________
a) increase stability
b) increase the voltage gain
c) improve negative feedback
d) decrease voltage gain
4. What is the compensation element used for variation in VBE and ICO?
5. Which of the following has a negative temperature coefficient of resistance?
6. Increase in collector emitter voltage from 5V to 8V causes increase in collector current from 5mA to 5.3mA. Determine the dynamic output resistance.
7. The expression for IC in the compensation for instability due to ICO variation_________
8. Which of the following has a negative temperature coefficient of resistance?
9. The output resistance of CB transistor is given by _________
10. The negative sign in the formula of amplification factor indicates_________
a) that IE flows into transistor while IC flows out it
b) that IC flows into transistor while IE flows out it
c) that IB flows into transistor while IC flows out it
d) that IC flows into transistor while IB flows out it