This set of Analog Electronic Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Cascaded Amplifier”.
Loading effect occurs when ______________
a) R2 is small
b) A1 is small
c) R2 is large
d) A2 is large
Find internal voltage gain of the network given gm = 50mΩ-1 and β = 100.
3. For any cascaded amplifier network, which of these are incorrect?
a) Cascading increases gain
b) Overall input resistance is equal to the input resistance of the first amplifier
c) The overall output resistance is less than the lowest output resistance in all amplifiers used
d) Loading effect occurs
4. Cascading increases lower cut-off frequencies.
5. It is provided that the lower cut-off frequency of an individual amplifier is 25Hz, find the net cut-off frequency of a cascaded network of 8 similar amplifiers.
a) 200 Hz
b) 83 Hz
c) 100 Hz
d) 25 Hz
6. The lower and upper cutoff frequencies of an amplifier are unknown. If originally, individual BW of such an amplifier is B1, and now the bandwidth of the cascaded network of 10 such amplifiers is B2, find B2/B1.
c) Insufficient data
7. 6 similar amplifiers are cascaded, with lower cut-off frequency 100Hz. Bandwidth is B1=10 kHz. What is the higher cut-off frequency of the cascaded network?
a) 4000 Hz
b) 1667 Hz
c) 3642 Hz
d) 3000 Hz
8. Given that the higher cut-off frequency of the cascaded network of 6 amplifiers is 2Mhz, find the higher cut-off frequency of one amplifier, if all amplifiers are similar.
a) 5.7 Mhz
b) 0.33 Mhz
c) 12 Mhz
d) 64 Mhz
9. Provided a cascade multistage amplifier network, their pole frequencies obtained are f1=10Mhz, f2=12Mhz, f3=20Mhz, f4=16Mhz. What is the approximate higher cutoff frequency of the cascaded network?
a) 3.4 Mhz
b) 8 Mhz
c) 5 Mhz
d) 6 Mhz