This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Comparison Between FM and PM”.
1. De-emphasis circuit is used ________
a) before detection
b) after detection
c) before encoding
d) after encoding
2. Why frequency fogging is used in a carrier system?
a) to reduce noise
b) to reduce cross talk
c) to converge frequencies
d) to reduce distortion
3. Pre-emphasis is used to amplify _________ frequencies.
c) both low and high
d) local oscillator
4. For a phase modulated signal, the frequency deviation is proportional to ________
a) frequency only
b) amplitude only
c) only width
d) phase only
5. Which is the true statement about frequency deviation in frequency modulation?
a) frequency deviation is proportional to carrier signal frequency
b) frequency deviation is proportional to amplitude of carrier signal
c) frequency deviation is proportional to modulating frequency
d) frequency deviation is proportional to amplitude of modulating signal
6. What is number of possible outputs if there is 7 line digital input?
7. The frequency deviation is proportional to frequency in phase modulated signal.
8. Which of the following is not necessarily an advantage of FM over AM?
a) less modulating power is required
b) better noise immunity is provided
c) higher bandwidth is required
d) carrier is of any shape
9. What is the frequency of the stereo sub carrier signal in FM broadcasting?
a) 19 KHz
b) 45 KHz
c) 55 KHz
d) 38 KHz