This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “FDM System”.
1. FDM stands for ________
a) Frequency Density Multiplexing
b) Frequency Difference Multiplexing
c) Frequency Division Multiplexing
d) Frequency Data Manager
2. TDM stands for ________
a) Time Division Multiplexing
b) Time Difference Multiplexing
c) Time Duration Multiplexing
d) Time Data Manager
3. Frequency difference between WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) and FDM (Frequency Division Multiplexing) is ________
c) slightly greater than 1
4. TDM and FDM are used to multiplex multiple signals into a single carrier.
5. FDM is an analog multiplexing technique used to combines ________
a) analog signals
b) digital signals
c) both analog and digital signals
d) alternatively passes analog and digital signals
6. Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) is based on orthogonality.
7. Which multiplexing technique transmits digital signals?
d) Both FDM and TDM
8. What is Synchronous TDM?
a) gives same amount of time to each device
b) gives same amount of frequency to each device
c) gives variable time to each device
d) gives variable frequency to each device
9. Frequency Division Multiplexing (FDM) is based on orthogonality.
10. To get constant time delay, we should use ________
a) FDM technique
b) WDM technique
c) Synchronous TDM
d) Non synchronous TDM
11. As distance increases ________
a) Packet size also increases
b) Packet size decreases
c) Packet size becomes twice of its previous value
d) Packet size becomes half
12. If 32 equally probable events exists and we have to select one of them, number of required bits is?