This set of Control Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Feedback Compensation”.
1. Which one of the following effect in the system is not caused by negative feedback?
a) Reduction in gain
b) Increased in bandwidth
c) Increase in distortion
d) Reduction in output impedance
2. Which of the statement is correct with regard to the bandwidth of the control loop system:
a) In systems where the low frequency magnitude in 0 dB on the bode diagram, the bandwidth is measured at the -3 dB frequency
b) The bandwidth is the measurement of the accuracy of the closed loop system
c) The stability is proportional to the bandwidth
d) The system with larger bandwidth provides slower step response and lower fidelity ramp response
3. Which of the following are the not characteristics of the closed loop systems?
a) It does not compensate for disturbance
b) It reduces the sensitivity of plant-parameter variations
c) It does not involve output measurements
d) It does not has the ability to control the system transient response
4. Which of the statements are the advantages of closed loop systems over the open loop system:
a) The overall reliability of the open loop system is more than the closed loop system is more than closed loop system.
b) The transient response in closed loop system decays more quickly than in open loop system.
c) In open loop system closing the loop increases the gain of the system
d) In open loop system the effect of parameter variation is reduced
5. Feedback control system is basically
a) High pass filter
b) Low pass filter
c) Band pass filter
d) Band stop filter
6. As compared to the closed loop system, an open loop system is
a) More stable but less accurate
b) Less stable as well as less accurate
c) More stable as well as more accurate
d) Less stable but more accurate
7. In control system excessive bandwidth is not employed because
a) Noise is proportional to bandwidth
b) It leads to low relative stability
c) It leads to slower time response
d) Noise is proportional to the square of the bandwidth
8. Which of the following will not decrease as a result of introduction of negative feedback?
c) Overall gain
9. Insertion of negative feedback in control system affects:
a) The transient response to vanish uniformly
b) The transient response to decay very fast
c) No change in transient response
d) The transient response decays at slow rate
11. Primary purpose of using Feedback is :
a) To reduce the sensitivity of the system to parameter variations.
b) To increase the bandwidth of the system
c) To reduce the noise and distortion of the system
d) To increase stability of the system
12. Open loop system is ___________ stable than closed loop system
13. Determine the sensitivity of the overall transfer function for the system shown in the figure below, at w=1 rad/sec with respect to the feedback path transfer function.