This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Frequency Reuse”.
1. Why neighbouring stations are assigned different group of channels in cellular system?
a) To minimize interference
b) To minimize area
c) To maximize throughput
d) To maximize capacity of each cell
2. What is a cell in cellular system?
a) A group of cells
b) A group of subscribers
c) A small geographical area
d) A large group of mobile systems
3. Cellular concept replaces many low power transmitters to a single high power transmitter.
4. What is frequency reuse?
a) Process of selecting and allocating channels
b) Process of selection of mobile users
c) Process of selecting frequency of mobile equipment
d) Process of selection of number of cells
5. Actual radio coverage of a cell is called __________
6. A spectrum of 30 MHz is allocated to a cellular system which uses two 25 KHz simplex channels to provide full duplex voice channels. What is the number of channels available per cell for 4 cell reuse factor?
a) 150 channels
b) 600 channels
c) 50 channels
d) 85 channels
8. Why the shape of cell is not circle?
a) Omni directionality
b) Small area
c) Overlapping regions or gaps are left
d) Complex design
9. Which type of antenna is used for center excited cells?
a) Dipole antenna
b) Grid antenna
c) Sectored antenna
d) Omnidirectional antenna
10. Capacity of a cellular system is directly proportional to __________
a) Number of cells
b) Number of times a cluster is replicated
c) Number of Base stations
d) Number of users
11. What is the main reason to adopt hexagon shape in comparison to square and triangle?
a) Largest area
b) Simple design
c) Small area
d) Single directional
12. Which type of antenna is used for edge excited cells?
a) Omnidirectional antenna
b) Grid antenna
c) Sectored directional antenna
d) Dipole antenna
13. What is a cluster in a cellular system?
a) Group of frequencies
b) Group of cells
c) Group of subscribers
d) Group of mobile systems
14. For a cellular system, if there are N cells and each cell is allocated k channel. What is the total number of available radio channels, S?
15. What is a frequency reuse factor for N number of cells in a system?