This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Inductor Filters”.
1. The ripple factor (ϒ) of inductor filter is_________
a) ϒ = RZ3/√2ωL
b) ϒ = RZ/3√2ωL
c) ϒ = RZ3√2/ωL
d) ϒ = RZ3/√2ωL
2. The inductor filter gives a smooth output because_________
a) It offers infinite resistance to ac components
b) It offers infinite resistance to dc components
c) Pulsating dc signal is allowed
d) The ac signal is amplified
3. What is the effect of an inductor filter on a multi frequency signal?
a) Dampens the AC signal
b) Dampens the DC signal
c) To reduce ripples
d) To change the current
4. A full wave rectifier with a load resistance of 5KΩ uses an inductor filter of 15henry. The peak value of applied voltage is 250V and the frequency is 50 cycles per second. Calculate the dc load current.
5. A dc voltage of 380V with a peak ripple voltage not exceeding 7V is required to supply a 500Ω load. Find out the inductance required.
6. The output voltage VDC for a rectifier with inductor filter is given by_________
7. The output of a rectifier is pulsating because_________
a) It has a pulse variations
b) It gives a dc output
c) It contains both dc and ac components
d) It gives only ac components
8. The inductor filter should be used when RL is consistently small because_________
a) Effective filtering takes place when load current is high
b) Effective filtering takes place when load current is low
c) Current lags behind voltage
d) Current leads voltage
9. What causes to decrease the sudden rise in the current for a rectifier?
a) the electrical energy
b) The ripple factor
c) The magnetic energy
d) Infinite resistance
10. A full wave rectifier with a load resistance of 5KΩ uses an inductor filter of 15henry. The peak value of applied voltage is 250V and the frequency is 50 cycles per second. Calculate the ripple factor (ϒ).