This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Linear Modulation”.
1. Squelch circuit is normally inserted in receiver ________
a) after detector
b) before detector
c) before mixer
d) after power amplifier
2. Each frequency gives rise to four side bands.
3. Discone antenna is mainly used in UHF range.
4. Field strength (E) is directly proportional to the square of transmission power.
5. If the value of resistor becomes 16 times than its previous value then its noise voltage will become ________
a) 16 times
b) 8 times
c) 4 times
d) 2 times
6. TV remote control used ultra violet light.
7. If the transmitted power is 100KW then the field at a distance ‘R’ is 60mV/m. Suppose if the transmitted power is reduced to 50KW then the field at same distance ‘R’ will be equal to ________
8. What is the modulation index for a single tone modulation, given that positive peak of AM wave is 20V and minimum value is 2V?
9. How capacitance is related to thickness?
a) it is inversely proportional to thickness
b) it is directly proportional to thickness
c) it is inversely proportional to twice of thickness
d) it is directly proportional to twice of thickness
10. Noise gets mixed with signal at ________