This set of Electrical Measurements Questions and Answers for Aptitude test focuses on “Measurement of Earth Resistance”.
1. What is earthing?
a) connecting electrical machines to earth
b) providing a connection to the ground
c) connecting the electrical machines to source
d) providing a source of current
2. What is an earth electrode?
a) electrode that is connected to earth
b) material used for earthing
c) electrode connected to the circuit
d) electrode which is connected to the mains
3. Earth electrode provides ____________
a) high resistance
b) medium resistance
c) low resistance
d) very high resistance
4. How is the condition of an earth electrode measured?
a) by measuring the voltage
b) by measuring the current
c) by measuring the power
d) by measuring resistance
5. In a three phase system, the neutral is _________
b) connected to low voltage
c) connected to high voltage
d) not connected
6. Earthing is used as return conductor in telephone lines and for traction work.
7. Earthing does not help in protecting the equipment.
8. After earthing, the different parts of an electrical machinery are at _________
a) infinite potential
b) intermediate potential
c) zero potential
d) undefined potential
9. Connection of the various parts of a circuit to earth has a _________
a) medium resistance
b) high resistance
c) very high resistance
d) very low resistance
10. Specific resistance of soil is _________
a) changes from soil to soil
b) is constant
c) depends on the circuit connected to it
d) depends on the supply voltage