This set of Analog Electronic Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Active and Passive Devices”.
1. Which of the following elements comprise of the passive devices?
a) Resistors, Capacitors and SCRs
b) Vacuum Tubes, SCRs and Diodes
c) Transformers, Inductors and Diodes
d) Transformers, TRIACs and DIACs
2. A transistor is a current controlled device because_______________
a) In the base region movement of charge carrier is because of the electrons which are minority charge carrier in the base region
b) In the collector region movement of charge carrier is because of the electrons which are minority charge carrier in the collector region
c) In the base region movement of charge carrier is because of the holes which are majority charge carrier in the base region
d) In the collector region movement of charge carrier is because of the holes which are majority charge carrier in the base region
3. An active device is one which ___________
a) Mechanically controls electron flow
b) Electrically controls electron flow
c) Pneumatically controls electron flow
d) Automatically controls electron flow
4. Active devices can also be used as_________
5. The overall gain of multiple amplifiers in cascade can be expressed as__________ (A1, A2, A3 are individual gains)
6. Attenuators are active devices.
7. How do amplifiers work without violating Law of Conservation of Energy?
a) They amplify one factor of the input and reduce others
b) They work on the law of conservation of mass
c) They violate the Law of Conservation of Energy
d) They amplify the signal by taking an input from an external source
8. To overcome the problem of representation of large values of gain, which of the following units was introduced?
9. Tunnel diode can be used as an active device because__________
a) its negative resistance region is used
b) it conducts at a faster rate
c) it triggers the flow of electrons in reverse bias
d) of tunneling effect
10. The unit of gain is ________
c) Its unit less