This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Applications of SSB”.
1. In FM receiver, role of amplitude limiter is to reduce the amplitude of signals.
2. Balanced modulator is used to suppress carrier signal to create an SSB or DSB.
3. What is the purpose of peak clipper circuits in radios?
a) prevent overmodulation
b) reduce bandwidth
c) increase bandwidth
d) regulate oscillator input voltage
4. What is the main function of a balanced modulator?
a) to limit the noise picked by a receiver
b) to produce balanced modulation of a carrier wave
c) to suppress carrier signal
d) to produce 100% modulation
5. Varacter diode modulator is an indirect way of generating FM.
6. Convex lens has negative focal power and concave lens have positive focal power.
7. For classifying a modem as low speed its data rate is ________
a) upto 100bps
b) upto 200bps
c) upto 400bps
d) upto 600bps
8. Which of the following is an indirect way of generating FM?
a) By reactance modulator
b) By bipolar transistor
c) By varacter diode
d) By armstrong modulator
9. All lens have positive focal power.