This set of Antenna Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Baluns”.
1. A Balun is used to make the current along the outer side of the outer conductor along the coaxial cable _______
c) Maximum or minimum depends on power supply
2. The process of forcing the current at the outer side of the outer conductor to be zero is called _____
a) Current distribution
b) Current chokes
c) Field effect
d) Impedance chokes
3. What is a Balun?
a) It is used to balance the unbalanced systems
b) It unbalances the balanced systems
c) A twisted wire
d) Main beam of antenna with large beam width
4. A Balun joins a balanced line and an unbalanced line.
5. For a 4: 1 Balun, what is the unbalanced impedance if the balanced impedance is 2KΩ?
6. Which of the following is false regarding Transformer Balun?
a) It has a narrow band frequency
b) It has infinitely wide band frequency
c) Ideally it provides zero insertion loss
d) Impedance matching is adjusted by its turn ratio
7. All Baluns provide impedance transformation.
8. Among current Balun and voltage Balun, which works better?
a) Current Balun
b) Voltage Balun
c) Both work equally
d) Depends on the power supply
9. The phase difference between the outputs of Balun in frequency domain is ____
10. For an unbalanced to balanced signal conversion, if the turn’s ratio in a Balun is 1:2 then the balanced impedance is ______ times the unbalanced impedance.