This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Bias Stability”.
1. The base current for a BJT remains constant at 5mA, the collector current changes from 0.2mA to 0.3 mA and beta was changed from 100 to 110, then calculate the value of S.
2. For a n-p-n transistor, the collector current changed from 0.2mA to 0.22mA resulting a change of base emitter voltage from 0.8v to 0.8005V. What is the value of Stability factor?
3. What is Stability factor?
a) Ratio of change in collector current to change in a current amplification factor
b) Ratio of change in collector current to change in base current
c) Current amplification factor
d) Ratio of base current to collector current
4. There are two transistors A and B having ‘S’ as 25 and 250 respectively, on comparing the value of S, we can say B is more stable than A.
5. For a fixed bias circuit having Ic = 0.3mA and In=0.0003mA, S is______________
6. For an ideal transistor having a fixed bias configuration, what will be the value of Beta?
7. What is the value of Stability factor for an ideal transistor?
8. For a fixed bias circuit having RC=2Kohm and VCC=60V, IB=0.25mA and S=101, find Vce.
9. The temperature changes do not affect the Stability.
10. Comparing fixed and collector to base bias which of the following statement is true?
a) Fixed bias is more stable
b) Collector to base bias is more stable
c) Both are the same in terms of stability
d) Depends on the design