This set of Optical Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Cable Design”.
1. How many categories exists in case of cable design?
2. The cable is normally covered with an outer plastic sheath to reduce _______________
3. How many types of buffer jackets are used in fiber buffering?
4. The cable must be designed such that the strain on the fiber in the cable does not exceed __________
5. Loose tube buffer jackets exhibits a low resistance to movement of the fiber.
6. Which of the following is not a strength member used in optical cable?
a) Steel wire
c) Aramid yarns
d) Glass elements
7. The primary function of the structural member is load bearing.
8. An inclusion of one or more structural members in an optical fiber so as to serve as a cable core foundation around which the buffer fibers may be wrapped is called _____________
9. When the stranding approach consists of individual elements (e.g. single-fiber or multi fiber loose tube buffer) than the cable is termed as _____________
a) Optical unit cable
b) Coaxial cable
c) Layer cable
d) Bare glass cable
10. What is the Young’s modulus of Kevlar, an aromatic polyester?
a) 9 ×1010Nm-2
b) 10 ×1010Nm-2
c) 12 ×1010Nm-2
d) 13 ×1010Nm-2