This set of Embedded Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Cache Memory”.
1. Which of the following is more quickly accessed?
b) Cache memory
2. Which factor determines the effectiveness of the cache?
a) hit rate
b) refresh cycle
c) refresh rate
d) refresh time
3. Which of the following determines a high hit rate of the cache memory?
a) size of the cache
b) number of caches
c) size of the RAM
d) cache access
4. Which of the following is a common cache?
5. Which factor determines the number of cache entries?
a) set commutativity
b) set associativity
c) size of the cache
d) number of caches
6. What is the size of the cache for an 8086 processor?
a) 64 Kb
b) 128 Kb
c) 32 Kb
d) 16 Kb
7. How many possibilities of mapping does a direct mapped cache have?
8. Which of the following allows speculative execution?
a) 12-way set associative cache
b) 8-way set associative cache
c) direct mapped cache
d) 4-way set associative cache
9. Which of the following refers to the number of consecutive bytes which are associated with each cache entry?
a) cache size
b) associative set
c) cache line
d) cache word
10. Which factor determines the cache performance?
11. What are the basic elements required for cache operation?
a) memory array, multivibrator, counter
b) memory array, comparator, counter
c) memory array, trigger circuit, a comparator
d) memory array, comparator, CPU
12. How many divisions are possible in the cache memory based on the tag or index address?
13. What does DMA stand for?
a) direct memory access
b) direct main access
c) data main access
d) data memory address