This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Cellular Telephone Systems”.
1. Which of the following is not a characteristic of cellular telephone system?
a) Accommodate a large number of users
b) Large geographic area
c) Limited frequency spectrum
d) Large frequency spectrum
2. What is the responsibility of MSC in cellular telephone system?
a) Connection of mobile to base stations
b) Connection of mobile to PSTN
c) Connection of base station to PSTN
d) Connection of base station to MSC
3. Who has the responsibility of billing and system maintenance function in cellular system?
a) Base Station
d) Mobile system
4. What is the function of FVC (Forward Voice Channel)?
a) Voice transmission from base station to mobiles
b) Voice transmission from mobile to base station
c) Initiating mobile calls
d) Broadcast all traffic request for all mobile
5. Which two channels are responsible for initiating mobile calls?
a) FVC and FCC
b) FVC and RVC
c) FCC and RCC
d) FCC and RVC
6. Of the total channels present in the cellular system, what is the percentage of voice and control channels?
a) 95% voice channels, 5% control channels
b) 5% voice channels, 95% control channels
c) 50% voice channels, 50% control channels
d) 25% voice channels, 75% control channels
7. What is MIN?
a) Subscriber’s telephone number
b) Paging message
c) Traffic request number
d) Mobile Internet
8. What is transmitted along with the call initiation request during the origin of call by a mobile?
c) ESN and SCM
d) MIN, ESN and SCM
9. What does SCM indicates?
a) Maximum receiver power level for a particular user
b) Maximum transmitter power level for a particular user
c) Minimum receiver power level for a particular user
d) Minimum transmitter power level for a particular user
10. What is the shape of the cell present in the cellular system?
11. Why the size of the cell is kept small in cellular network?
a) Increase capacity
b) Decrease capacity
c) Increased size of base station electronics
d) Slow process of handoffs
12. What is handoff?
a) Forward channel
b) Switching technique
d) Guard channel
13. Which one is not an advantage of using frequency reuse?
a) Increased capacity
b) Limited spectrum is required
c) Same spectrum may be allocated to other network
d) Number of base stations is reduced
14. The process of transferring a mobile station from one base station to another is ____________
d) Forward channel
15. The interference between the neighbouring base stations is avoided by ____________
a) Assigning different group of channels
b) Using transmitters with different power level
c) Using different antennas
d) Using different base stations