This set of Embedded Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Characteristics of Windows NT”.
1. Which filesystem is used in the Windows 95?
2. What does HPFS stand for?
a) high performance file system
b) high periodic file system
c) high peripheral file system
d) horse power file system
3. Which filing system is used by the Windows NT?
4. Which filesystem is used by the OS/2?
5. What do HAL stand for?
a) hardware abstraction layer
b) hardware address layer
c) hardware access layer
d) hardware address lead
6. Which of the following can provide portability across different processor-based platforms?
a) File system
7. Which of the following defines the virtual hardware that the kernel uses?
8. Which of the following provides a link between the user processes and threads and the hardware?
a) I/O driver
b) File system
9. What does LPC stand for?
a) local procedure call
b) local program call
c) local program code
d) local procedure code
10. Which of the following is responsible for coordinating the system call within an application and the WIN32 subsystem?
b) file system
d) network support
11. Which of the following is responsible for ensuring correct operation of all processes which are running within the system?
b) file system
d) user mode
12. How many level priority scheme does the scheduling used in the kernel?
13. Which procedure in the kernel allows the thread to wait until a specific resource is available?
c) scheduling and synchronisation
14. Which of the following can preempt the current thread and reschedule the high priority thread in the kernel?
c) file system
15. How many file system does the Windows NT support?
16. What does FAT stand for?
a) file address table
b) file access table
c) file arbitrary table
d) file allocation table