This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Class A Large Signal Amplifiers”.
1. What does class A amplifier do?
a) Delivers KV of voltage to load
b) Delivers KW of power
c) Delivers Kilo Pascal pressure
d) Delivers more resistance
2. What is the efficiency of Class A amplifiers?
a) 30 or less
b) 50 or less
3. Why do we use CE amplifier as a large signal class a amplifier?
a) It has very high output impedance
b) It has very high input impedance
c) It has very high voltage gain
d) It is very much stable
4. An ideal large signal amplifier delivers 100% DC power to its load.
5. Why there is a need for heat sinks in Class A amplifier?
a) To control the external temperature
b) To avoid temperature changes affecting the transistor
c) To control heat dissipation
d) To increase output resistance
6. If DC power for a Class A amplifier is 500W and AC power is 150W, what is its efficiency?
7. Which of the following statement is true about class A amplifiers?
a) They are weak against distortions
b) They supress noise signals
c) More efficient
d) Delivers 100% power to load
8. Basic operation of Class A amplifiers____________
a) Crossover distortion
b) Law of Conservation of energy
c) Millers law
d) Switching transistor theory
9. Which of the following technique is used to increase the efficiency of class A amplifier?
a) By using FET
b) By using PNP transistor
c) By using matched transformers as load
d) By using potentiometers as load
10. What is the conduction angle of class A amplifier?