This set of MATLAB Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Differentiation – 1”.
1. Which rule does MATLAB use while differentiating a set of functions?
a) u-v rule
b) by parts
c) no pre-defined rule
d) not possible
2. There is no difference between a difference equation and a differential equation.
3. For the existence of the nth (n is varying from 1 to until the derivative is becoming 0) derivative of an equation, the equation should have __________
a) Initial values
b) At least one independent variable
c) At least one dependent variable
d) No such condition
4. What will be the output of the following code?
a) (2*x)/sin(x) – (x2*cos(x))/sin(x)2
b) cos(x)/x2 – (2*sin(x))/x3
c) x2*cos(x) + 2*x*sin(x)
5. What is the data type of y?
y=diff(x2*cos(x) + 2*x*sin(x))
d) Symbolic Array
6. The output for diff(p2,q) is _______
c) 2 dp/dq
7. What does the following code do?
syms m,y,x,c; y=mx+c; diff(y)
a) Calculate m
b) Calculate slope
d) Calculate divergence
8. What is the nature of ode45 solver?
a) 2nd ordered R-K solver
b) 4th ordered R-K solver
c) 1st order R-K solver
d) Adams solver
9. Ordinary differential equations having initial values ____________
a) Can be solved
b) Cannot be solved
c) Can be modelled
d) Has a trivial solution
10. The current characteristics of RC networks are better analyzed by Laplace than differentiation methods.
11. While solving a differential equation, MATLAB will show us the ___________
a) General Solution
b) Particular Solution
c) Complementary function
d) Depends on the equation
12. An example of a function whose derivative (any order) with respect to x is never 0, in MATLAB, is _______
d) does not exist
13. The method of differentiation in MATLAB is pertinent for getting __________
a) Higher order differential equations
b) Lower order differential equations
c) Any order differential equation
d) A certain ordered differential equation, within a range
14. The output of the following code will be _____________
syms t; dsolve(D(y,t)==2*t)
15. What is the co-efficient of the output of the code?
16. What is the error in the following code?
a) No error
b) Arguments as strings
c) 23 is not given within a pair of inverted commas
d) There is no command as diff
17. The ode 23 solver is for higher accuracy.
18. The ode45 takes the function as ___________
a) Simple input argument
b) String argument
c) Input argument
d) Function argument
19. What is the output of the following code?
syms y; dsolve('y*diff(y)+5=x*exp(3)','y')
b) C + (x*(x*exp(3) – 10))/2
c) Cannot be determined
20. There are 7 ODE solvers in MATLAB.