This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Disadvantages of Filter Method”.
1. Which two noises are present in Delta Modulation (DM)?
a) Slope overload and Thermal noise
b) Granular and shot noise
c) Slope overload and granular noise
d) Thermal and shot noise
2. Varacter is used for generation of ________
a) PM signals only
b) FM signals only
c) AM signals only
d) DSB-SC signals
3. Why sampling is used in communication?
a) for getting higher speed of communication
b) for getting higher efficiency
c) cheaper equipment is required
d) for a better transmission
4. What will happen in amplitude modulation, if the modulation index is more than 1?
a) bandwidth will increase
b) bandwidth will decrease
c) amplitude becomes constant
d) waves will get distorted
5. Which among the following is not an advantage of FM over AM?
a) modulating power required is less
b) low bandwidth is required
c) better noise immunity
d) better signal to noise ratio
6. What is the radio frequency range of a frequency modulated signal?
a) 20-80 MHz
b) 100-200 MHz
c) 200-350 MHz
d) 99-108 MHz
7. The adverse effect of noise in communication system can be seen in ________
8. Which of the following is the advantage of base modulation over collector modulation of a class C amplifier?
a) lower modulation power is required
b) higher power output per transistor
c) better efficiency
d) better linearity of modulation
9. Vestigial side band (VSB) is most commonly used in ________
a) Television Transmission
d) Laser Transmission