This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Equalization Techniques”.
1. Equalization techniques can be categorised into _______ and ______ techniques.
a) Linear, non linear
b) Active, passive
c) Direct, indirect
d) Slow, fast
2. Equalization is linear if an analog signal is fed back to change the subsequent outputs of the equalizer.
3. In the context of equalizers, LTE stands for ________
a) Long transversal equalizer
b) Least time-varying equalizer
c) Linear transversal equalizer
d) Linear time-varying equalizer
4. Which of the following is not a characteristic of FIR filter?
a) Many zeroes
b) Poles only at z=0
c) Transfer function is a polynomial of z-1
d) Many poles
5. Which of the following is not an advantage of lattice equalizer?
a) Simple structure
b) Numerical stability
c) Faster convergence
d) Dynamic assignment
6. Non-linear equalizers are used in applications where channel distortion is not severe.
7. Which of the following is not a non-linear equalization technique?
a) Decision feedback equalization
b) Maximum likelihood symbol detection
c) Minimum square error detection
d) Maximum likelihood sequence detection
8. For a distorted channel, LTE performance is superior to DFE.
9. Which of the following does not hold true for MLSE?
a) Minimizes probability of sequence error
b) Require knowledge of channel characteristics
c) Requires the statistical distribution of noise
d) Operates on continuous time signal
10. MLSE decodes each received signal by itself.