This set of Embedded Systems Interview Questions and Answers focuses on “Examples of Embedded System Digital Signal Processing”.
1. What are the factors of filters which are determined by the speed of the operation in a digital signal processor?
a) attenuation constant
2. How many tables does an FIR function of a digital signal processor possess?
) low bandwidth
3. Why is said that branch prediction is not applicable in a digital signal processor?
a) low bandwidth
b) high bandwidth
c) low frequency
d) high frequency
4. Which architecture can one overcome the low bandwidth issue in MC6800 family?
c) von Neumann
d) program stored
5. Which architecture in digital signal processor reduces the execution time?
c) program storage
d) von Neumann
6. Which of the following processors also can work as a digital signal processor?
7. What types of modules are used in the digital signal processor to form the loop structure?
d) external timer
8. Name a processor which is used in digital audio appliances.
b) Motorola DSP56000
9. How many bits does DSP56000 processor have?
10. How many buses did DSP56000 possess?
11. Which of the following architecture does DSP56000 possess?
b) von Neumann
12. What does AAU stand for?
a) arithmetic address unit
b) address arithmetic unit
c) address access unit
d) arithmetic access unit
13. How many address register does the AAU of a DSP56000 have?
14. How many registers does a DSP56000 have?
15. Which of the following bits are used for sign extension in DSP56000?
a) upper 8 bits of the stack pointer
b) lower 8 bits of the stack pointer
c) lower 8 bits of the program counter
d) upper 8 bits of the program counter