This set of Control Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Feedback and Non-feedback Systems”.
1. Benefits of feedback:
a) Performance of system is greater.
b) Need for system much larger path gain and system instability.
c) Controlled variable accurately follows the desired value
d) Affected by parameter variations
2. Feedback always increases the gain?
3. The mechanism of control of body temperature is non feedback system?
4. Effect of feedback on sensitivity is minimum in:
a) Open loop control system
b) Closed loop control system
c) None of the mentioned
d) Both of the mentioned
5. Consider the following statements with respect to the feedback of the control systems:
1. Feedback can improve stability or be harmful to stability if it is not properly applied.
2. Feedback can always improve stability
3. In many situations the feedback can reduce the effect of noise and disturbance on system performance.
4. In general the sensitivity of the system gain of a feedback system of a parameter variation depends on where the parameter is located.
a) 1,2 and 3 only
b) 1,3 and 4 only
c) 1,2 and 4 only
d) 1,2,3 and 4 only
6. Feedback can always reduce the effects of noise and disturbance on system performance?
7. Feedback control systems are:
a) Insensitive to both forward and feedback path parameter changes
b) Less sensitive to feedback path parameter changes than to forward path parameter changes
c) Less sensitive to forward path parameter changes that to feedback path parameter changes
d) Equally sensitive to forward feedback path parameter changes
8. The closed system has higher ________ than open loop control system, this implies increased speed of response.
9. Multiple signals as input can be used in which systems:
a) Feedback systems
b) Non feedback systems
c) Feedforward systems
d) None of the mentioned
10. Feedback can cause a system that is originally stable to become___________
c) Conditionally stable
d) Either more stable or unstable