This set of Optical Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Field Measurements”.
1. Which of the following is not included in the optical fiber link measurement test?
a) Attenuation measurement
b) Dispersion measurement
c) Splice loss measurement
d) Receiver sensitivity
2. In case of field measurements, the equipment must have ___________ power consumption keeping in mind the battery operation.
3. ____________ affects both the fiber attenuation and dispersion.
a) Refractive index
4. Which of the following are not considered as environmental conditions required for field measurements?
c) Mechanical load
5. Which of the following cannot be used in equipment for field measurements?
c) External triggering
d) Environmental factor
6. The handheld optical power meter has a measurement accuracy of ________
a) 0.01 dB
b) 0.25 dB
c) 0.8 dB
d) 1 dB
7. Complicated and involved fiber connection arrangements should be _________ in case of field measurements.
8. A large-area photodiode is utilized in the receiver to eliminate any effects from differing fiber and faces.
9. Which sensors are used for alteration of spectral range in equipment?
a) Wide-area photodiodes
d) Photogenic sensors
10. _____________ may be used for measurement of the absolute optical attenuation on a fiber link.
a) Silicon photodiodes
b) InGaAsP photodiodes
c) Optical power meters
11. Optical time domain reflectometry is also called a backscatter measurement method.