This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Frequency Translation”.
1. When analyzing a transmission line, its inductance and capacitance are considered as _________
c) equal reactances
d) equal impedances
2. What effect will be seen on the resistance of a wire if we increase the frequency?
a) it will also increase
b) it starts to decrease
c) it will remain same
d) it starts changing periodically
3. FSK stands for ________
a) Frequency Segregation Keying
b) Frequency Section Keying
c) Frequency Signal Keying
d) Frequency Shift Keying
4. What is speed of radio waves in free space?
a) 3 x 106 m/s
b) 3 x 109 m/s
c) 300 x 106 m/s
d) 300 x 109 m/s
5. Ground waves are most effective when _________
a) it is above about 20MHZ
b) it is below about 3MHz
c) it is at microwave frequencies
d) usually in the UHF range
6. What is the approximate reliability of a microwave system?
7. An antenna has “gain” as compared to ________
a) Helical antenna
b) Marconi antenna
c) Vertically polarized radiator
d) Isotropic radiator
8. The microwave frequency range is considered to start at ________
a) 1 GHz
b) 10 GHz
c) 100 GHz
d) 5 GHz
9. Which modulation is used by a microwave system?
d) Either FM or SSB or QAM