This set of Electrical Measurements Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “High Voltage Schering Bridge”.
1. How is the high voltage obtained?
a) by using a step up transformer
b) by using a high voltage source
c) by using a step down transformer
d) by using a high current source
2. What is the dependence of frequency on the balance equation?
b) varies by a factor of 2
c) depends on the supply magnitude
d) depends on the detector used
3. The detector used in a high voltage Schering bridge is _________
a) tunable circuit
b) e.m.f source
c) vibration galvanometer
4. A Schering bridge can be used for capacitance measurements at low voltages.
6. How to minimize the effect of earth capacitance?
a) by increasing the supply voltage
b) by using a series resistance
c) by using a Wagner ground connection
d) by using an inductor across the circuit
7. How are the inter-capacitance errors minimized?
a) by separating the plates of the capacitance
b) by using earthing
c) by reducing the area of cross section of the capacitors
d) by increasing the distance between the capacitor plates
8. What is the effect of breakdown of high voltage capacitor?
a) No effect
b) voltage drop across the circuit reduces
c) circuit components rupture
d) a high voltage appears across the branches