This set of Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Kelvin Bridge”.
1. Kelvin’s bridge consists of _________
a) double bridge
b) single bridge
c) half bridge
d) three fourth bridge
2. The range of resistance measured in a Kelvin bridge is _________
a) 10Ω to 10 mΩ
b) 1Ω to 10 μΩ
c) 0.01Ω to 10 MΩ
d) 0.1Ω to 10 nΩ
3. Accuracy of Kelvin bridge is of the order of _________
a) ±0.5 to ±2 %
b) ±0.05 to ±0.02 %
c) ±0.05 to ±0.2 %
d) ±0.005 to ±0.02 %
4. What is the balance equation of Kelvin bridge?
a) Rx = R2R3R1
b) Rx = R1R2R3
c) Rx = R1R2
d) Rx = R1R3R2
5. What is the effect of load and contact resistance in Kelvin bridge?
b) fully dependent
c) partially dependent
d) depends on the resistance value
6. The relation between ratio of resistance arms and ratio of resistance arms of second bridge is _________
d) one forth
7. Why Kelvin bridge is used for measurement of low resistance?
a) due to e.m.f source used
b) due to a large current flow
c) due to contact and lead resistance
d) due to power dissipation across the circuit
8. What is the condition to achieve a high sensitivity in a Kelvin bridge?
a) low voltage
b) high power
c) medium resistance
d) high current
9. Kelvin bridge can be calibrated to read _________
a) inductance and Quality factor value
b) capacitance only
c) power and voltage
d) current and frequency
10. Why can’t a Kelvin bridge be used for the measurement of low Quality factor value?
a) due to thermoelectric effect
b) due to balance problem
c) due to the dull detector used
d) due to temperature