This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “L-Section Filter”.
1. Calculate LC for a full wave rectifier which provides 10V dc at 100mA with a maximum ripple of 2%. Input ac frequency is 50Hz.
2. The value of inductance at which the current in a choke filter does not fall to zero is_________
a) peak inductance
b) cut-in inductance
c) critical inductance
d) damping inductance
3. An L section filter with L=2henry and C= 49µF is used in the output of a full wave single phase rectifier that is fed from a 40-0-40 V peak transformer. The load current is 0.2A. Calculate the output dc voltage.
4. The condition for the regulation curve in a choke filter is_________
5. The output dc voltage of an LC filter is_______
a) VDC=2Vm/π + IDCR
b) VDC=Vm/π – IDCR
c) VDC=2Vm/π – 2IDCR
d) VDC=2Vm/π – IDCR
6. What makes the load in a choke filter to bypass harmonic components?
7. The ripple factor for an l section filter is_______
a) ϒ= 1/6√2ω2LC
b) ϒ= 6√2ω2LC
c) ϒ= 6√3ω2LC
d) ϒ= 1/6√3ω2LC
8. The rms value of ripple current for an L section filter is_______
c) IRMS=√2/3*XL *VDC
9. The ripple to heavy loads by a capacitor is_______
b) depends on temperature
d) no ripple at all
10. In a choke l section filter_______
a) the inductor and capacitor are connected across the load
b) the inductor is connected in series and capacitor is connected across the load
c) the inductor is connected across and capacitor is connected in series to the load
d) the inductor and capacitor are connected in series