This set of Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Measurement of Low Resistance”.
1. Low resistance refers to _________
a) resistances of the order of 1ῼ
b) resistances of the order of 1kῼ
c) resistances of the order of 1mῼ
d) resistances of the order of 1Mῼ
2. What is the significance of measuring low resistances?
a) voltage drop across the circuit is high
b) contact and lead resistances are appreciable
c) there is no power loss
d) no current flows through the bridge circuit
4. How is the voltage drop across a low resistance related to lead resistance?
a) it contains contact resistance
b) it depends on the magnitude of voltage drop
c) it depends on the type of null detector used
d) It does not contain any contact resistance
5. Which is not a source of error in the measurement of low resistance?
a) contact resistance drops at the leads
b) thermal e.m.f
c) temperature effect
d) power dissipation through the circuit
6. Which is the most popular method for measuring low resistance?
a) ammeter-voltmeter method
b) potentiometer method
c) kelvin double bridge method
d) ducter ohmmeter method
7. How is the contact resistance related to the circuit while measuring a low resistance?
a) independent of the type of resistance
b) it is negligible
c) depends on the e.m.f source
d) it is very high
8. In fig 15.1, the terminals aa’ are used for _________
a) measuring the current flow through the circuit
b) measuring the power dissipation of the circuit
c) measuring the resistance of the circuit
d) measuring the voltage drop across the resistance