This set of RF & Microwave Circuit Design Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Metal Oxide Semiconductor FET”.
1. MOSFETs can provide a power of several hundred watts when the devices are packaged in:
d) None of the mentioned
2. High electron mobility transistors can be constructed with the use of single semiconductor material like GaAs that have high electron mobility.
3. There exists no difference between the construction of GaAs MESFET and silicon MOSFET except for the material used in their construction.
4. The curve of IDS v/s VDS of an FET does not vary with the gate to source voltage applied.
5. High drain current at RF levels is achieved with the biasing and decoupling circuitry for a dual polarity supply.
6. A major disadvantage of high electron mobility transistor is that:
a) They have low gain
b) High manufacturing cost
c) Temperature sensitive
d) High driving voltage is required
7. High-power circuits generally use higher values of:
a) Gate to source current
b) Drain to source current
c) Drain current
c) Gate to source voltage
8. Since multiple layers of semiconductor materials is used in high electron mobility transistors, this results in:
a) High gain
b) Power loss
c) Temperature sensitivity
d) Thermal stress
9. HEMT fabricated using GaN and aluminum gallium nitride on a silicon substrate can be used in :
a) High power transmitters
b) High power receivers
d) Smart antennas
10. The scattering parameter S11 for GaN HELMT increases with increase in frequency of operation