This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Method of Generation of SSB-SC”.
1. VSB modulation is used in televisions because it avoids phase distortion at low frequencies.
2. A cordless telephone that uses separate frequencies for transmission in base and portable units is called _________
a) half duplex
d) one-way communication
3. A duplex arrangement use separate frequencies for transmission.
4. Which polarization is used to reduce the depolarization effect on received waves?
a) Circular polarization
b) Linear polarization
c) Atomic polarization
d) Dipolar polarization
5. It is only the reflected color that decided the color of an object.
6. Carrier wave in modulation is a resultant wave.
7. Circular polarization involves critical alignment between transmitting and receiving antenna.
8. What do you understand by the term “carrier” in modulation?
a) voltage to be transmitted
b) resultant wave
c) voltage for which amplitude, phase or frequency can be varied
d) voltage for which amplitude, phase or frequency remains constant
9. For a low level AM system, amplifier modulated stage must have _________
a) harmonic devices
b) linear devices
c) non-linear devices
d) class A amplifiers