This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Modulation of VSB Modulated Wave”.
1. Which is the greatest disadvantage of Pulse Code Modulation?
a) highly prone to noise
b) cannot travel long distances
c) its inability to handle analog signals
d) large bandwidth is required for it
2. Inductance and capacitance of a line is 0.8 μH⁄m and 32 pF⁄m. Find Z0?
3. Quantization noise occurs in ________
a) Frequency Division Multiplexing
b) Time Division Multiplexing
c) Delta Modulation
d) Amplitude Modulation
4. Pulse communication system that is inherently highly immune to noise is ________
5. In AM pilot carrier, transmission has ________
a) carrier and part of one side band
b) two side bands and a carrier
c) two side bands
d) carrier, one side band and part of other side band
6. What the main advantage of PCM?
a) can travel small distances
b) higher bandwidth
c) lower noise
d) good reception
7. Quantization noise depends upon both sampling rate and number of quantization levels.
8. Companding is used in PCM transmitters to allow amplitude limiting in the receivers.
9. What is the use of Companding?
a) in PCM transmitters to allow amplitude limiting in the receivers
b) in PCM receiver to overcome impulse noise
c) to overcome quantizing noise in PCM
d) to protect small signals in PCM from quantizing distortion
10. Which of the following frequency is not transmitted in AM transmission?
a) Upper side band frequency
b) Carrier frequency
c) Lower side band frequency
d) Audio frequency