This set of RF & Microwave Circuit Design Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits”.
1. MMICs are high cost devices that involve complex fabrication methods and contain multiple layers to contain even small circuits.
2. The substrate of an MMIC must be a _____________ to accommodate the fabrication of all the type of devices.
c) Partial conductors
d) Metals operable at high frequencies
3. Progress in ________ and other related semiconductors material processing led to the feasibility of monolithic microwave integrated circuits.
4. GaAs MESFETs are versatile device because it finds application in:
a) Low-noise amplifiers
b) High gain amplifiers
d) All of the mentioned
5. For the capacitors used in MMICs, the insulating dielectric films used are:
6. Processing in MMICs is done by __________
a) Ion implantation
b) Net list generation
c) Floor planning
d) None of the mentioned
7. Transmission lines and other conductors in microwave devices are usually made with ___________
a) Gold metallization
b) Silver metallization
c) Copper metallization
d) Zinc metallization
8. Resistors used at normal operating frequencies can be directly used at microwave frequencies in MMIc.
9. MMICs are the best microwave integrated circuit fabrication methodologies without any drawbacks in it.
10. MMICs have higher circuit flexibility as compared to other microwave integrated fabrication methods.