This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Multitone Wideband FM”.
1. What is the baseband bandwidth for a voice grade signal?
a) atleast 10KHz
b) atleast 5KHz
c) approximately 3KHz
d) approximately 15KHz
2. Miller effect can reduce the bandwidth of an amplifier.
3. What will be the effect if we loading down a tuned-circuit amplifier?
a) it will raise the Q factor of tuned circuit
b) it will lower the Q factor of tuned circuit
c) it will multiply the Q factor by a constant
d) it will have no effect on Q factor
4. What will be the reason of miller effect in BJT?
a) inductance of collector load
b) collector-to-emitter capacitance
c) base-to-emitter capacitance
d) base-to-collector capacitance
5. What is the full form of IF?
a) Intermediate Frequency
b) Internal Frequency
c) Indeterminate Frequency
d) Image Frequency
6. Sensitivity measures ________
a) weakest signal that is received at the receiver
b) strongest signal that is received at the receiver
c) weakest frequency signal that is received at the receiver
d) strongest frequency signal that is received at the receiver
7. Trimmers and padders are ________
a) two types of adjusting tools
b) small adjustable resistors
c) small adjustable inductors
d) small adjustable capacitors
8. What is the full form of AGC?
a) Automatic Gain Control
b) Audio Gain Control
c) Automatic Gain Conversion
d) Active Gain Control
9. Selectivity measures ________
a) the range of frequencies that receiver can select
b) with two signals close in frequency, the ability to select one and reject other
c) how well adjacent frequencies are separated by the demodulator
d) how well adjacent frequencies are separated in the mixer