This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Noise for SSB-SC”.
1. Frequency components of an AM wave are?
a) Carrier frequency (ωc) with amplitude A
b) Lower side band (ωc + ωm) having amplitude mA⁄4
c) Upper side band (ωc – ωm) having amplitude mA⁄4
d) Carrier frequency (ωc) with amplitude A⁄2
2. Which of the following statement is true, if a return echo arrives after the allocated pulse interval?
a) it will interfere with the operation of a transmitter
b) the receiver might be overloaded
c) overlap of signals
d) target will appear closer than it really is
3. The IF bandwidth of a radar receiver is inversely proportional to the __________
a) pulse repetition frequency
b) pulse width
c) pulse amplitude
d) pulse code
4. Which of the following statement is true about the spectrum of frequency modulated wave?
a) carrier frequency starts decreasing at a faster rate when the modulation index is large
b) the amplitude of any sideband is totally depends on modulation index
c) total number of sidebands is completely depend on the modulation index
d) carrier frequency is amplified
5. A pre emphasis circuit provides extra noise immunity by __________
a) boosting the base frequencies
b) amplifying the higher audio frequencies
c) amplifying the whole audio band
d) converting the phase modulation to FM
6. Which of the following statement about Amplitude Limiter is not true?
a) The circuit is always biased in class C amplifier
b) When the input increases and becomes greater than the threshold of limiting, the gain starts decreasing
c) The output must be tuned
d) Leak-type bias must be used
7. If a FM signal has modulation index m, then what will be its modulation index after passing through frequency tripler?
8. Which one of the following is not an advantage of FM over AM?
a) Better noise immunity is provided
b) Higher bandwidth is required
c) Transmitting power is useful
d) Less modulating power is required
9. The typical squelch circuit cuts off __________
a) An audio amplifier when the carrier is absent
b) RF interference when the signal is weak
c) An IF amplifier when Automatic Gain Control is maximum
d) An IF amplifier when Automatic Gain Control is minimum