This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Noise in AM”.
1. Which one of the following noise becomes of great importance at high frequencies?
a) flicker noise
b) shot noise
c) impulse noise
d) transit-time noise
2. Which one of the following statement is false?
a) High Frequency mixers are generally noisier
b) Voltage of impulse noise is independent of bandwidth
c) Thermal noise is not dependent on frequency
d) Flicker noise occurs at low frequency
3. Why a helical antenna is used for satellite tracking?
a) because of its circular polarization
b) because of its broad bandwidth
c) because of its low bandwidth
d) because of rectangular polarization
4. Which of broad classifications of noise are most difficult to treat?
a) noise generated in the receiver
b) noise generated in the transmitter
c) external noise
d) internal noise
5. Which of the following statement is true?
a) Random noise power is inversely proportional to bandwidth
b) Flicker noise occurs at high frequency
c) Noise mixers are caused by inadequate image frequency rejection
d) A random voltage across a resistance cannot be calculated
6. Which of the steps is not included in the process of reception?
7. What points must be important to remember, when we deal with random noise calculations?
a) all calculations are based on peak to peak values
b) calculations are based on quantised values
c) calculations are based on average values
d) calculations are based on RMS values
8. Which of the following statement is false?
a) Modulation is used to reduce the bandwidth
b) Modulation is used to separate different transmissions
c) Modulation is used to allow the use of practical antennas
d) Modulation is used to ensure that wave is transmitted over long distances