This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Noise in Phase Modulation”.
1. Which of the following receiver does not have an amplitude limiter stage?
d) Both AM and FM
2. Most of the amplification of the received signal is obtained in a superheterodyne receiver from ________ stage.
c) Power Amplifier
d) Local Oscillator
3. In AM receiver, the oscillator frequency is always ________
a) lower than signal frequency
b) higher than signal frequency
c) equal to signal frequency
d) equal to 1KHz
4. Padder capacitor can be used to achieve three point tracking.
5. If selectivity is poor then the receiver has poor _________
b) diverse reception
6. In systems, pre-emphasis is used to amplify ________
a) high frequency
b) low frequency
7. If the output power of radio receiver is doubled then the volume is increased by _________
a) 3 dB
b) 2 dB
c) -3 dB
d) -2 dB
8. In FM the carrier deviation is determined by ________