This set of Electrical Measurements Questions and Answers for Freshers focuses on “Open Circuiting the Secondary Circuit of a Current Transformer”.
1. In a C.T., the primary ampere turns is variable.
2. The secondary circuit of a C.T. is open when?
a) a very high flux density is produced
b) a very low flux density is produced
c) a moderate flux density is produced
d) no flux density is produced
3. High flux density leads to _________
a) a decreased voltage in the secondary
b) a decreased voltage in the primary
c) a increased voltage in the secondary
d) a decreased voltage in the primary
4. When primary current flows, secondary circuit should be open.
5. High magnetizing forces in the core when removed suddenly lead to ____________
a) no residue
b) partial residual magnetism
c) rupture of the device
d) residual magnetism
6. The secondary winding of a C.T. ____________
a) can be shorted
b) can’t be shorted
c) can be opened
d) can’t be opened
7. The secondary winding of a C.T. is opened when?
a) C.T. is magnetised
b) C.T. is demagnetised
c) C.T. is shorted
d) C.T. is opened
8. The rectangular type of C.T. is built of _________
a) L shaped windings
b) T shaped windings
c) A shaped windings
d) Z shaped windings