This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “Practical Link Budget Design Using Path Loss Models”.
1. Empirical approach is based on fitting curve or analytical expressions.
2. Which of the following is not a practical path loss estimation technique?
a) Log distance path loss model
b) Log normal shadowing
c) Determination of percentage of coverage area
d) Hata model
3. Average received signal power decreases __________ with distance.
c) Two times
d) Four times
4. What does path loss exponent indicates?
a) Rate at which path loss decreases with distance
b) Rate at which path loss increases with distance
c) Rate at which path loss decreases with power density
d) Rate at which path loss increases with power density
5. The reference distance should not be in the far field of the antenna.
6. Which distribution describes the shadowing effect?
a) Log normal distribution
b) Nakagami distribution
c) Cauchy distribution
d) Rayleigh distribution
7. Log normal shadowing is a phenomenon that occurs with same T-R separation having same level clutter on the propagation path.
8. Log normal shadowing implies that measured signal levels at specific T-R separation have ______ distribution when signal levels have values in dB units.
9. A link budget is accounting of all __________
a) Gain and losses from the transmitter
b) Power transmitted by transmitter
c) Power received by receiver
d) Power transmitted and received
10. Antenna’s efficiency is given by the ratio of __________
b) Physical aperture to effective aperture
c) Signal power to noise power
d) Effective aperture to physical aperture