This set of Digital Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Programmable Logic Array”.
1. The first step in the design of memory decoder is __________
a) Selection of a EPROM
b) Selection of a RAM
c) Address assignment
d) Data insertion
2. How many address bits are required to select memory location in the Memory decoder?
a) 4 KB
b) 8 KB
c) 12 KB
d) 16 KB
3. What is memory decoding?
a) The process of Memory IC used in a digital system is overloaded with data
b) The process of Memory IC used in a digital system is selected for the range of address assigned
c) The process of Memory IC used in a digital system is selected for the range of data assigned
d) The process of Memory IC used in a digital system is overloaded with data allocated in memory cell
4. How memory expansion is done?
a) By increasing the supply voltage of the Memory ICs
b) By decreasing the supply voltage of the Memory ICs
c) By connecting Memory ICs together
d) By separating Memory ICs
5. To construct 16K * 4-bit memory, how many 4116 ICs are required?
6. How many 16K * 4 RAMs are required to achieve a memory with a capacity of 64K and a word length of 8 bits?
7. IC 4116 is organised as _________
a) 512 * 4
b) 16 * 1
c) 32 * 4
d) 64 * 2
8. How many 1024 * 1 RAM chips are required to construct a 1024 * 8 memory system?
9. The full form of PLD is _________
a) Programmable Load Devices
b) Programmable Logic Data
c) Programmable Logic Devices
d) Programmable Loaded Devices
10. Logic circuits can also be designed using _________
11. Why antifuses are implemented in a PLD?
a) To protect from high voltage
b) To increase the memory
c) To implement the programmes
d) As a switching devices
12. PLD contains a large number of _________
d) All of the Mentioned
13. In PLD, there are provisions to perform interconnections of the gates internally, because of _________
a) High reliability
b) High conductivity
c) The desired logic implementation
d) The desired output
14. How many types of PLD is?
15. PLA refers to _________
a) Programmable Loaded Array
b) Programmable Array Logic
c) Programmable Logic Array
d) Programmed Array Logic