This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Properties of Negative Feedback”.
1. What would be the value of feedback voltage in a negative feedback amplifier with A=100; β =0.03 and input signal voltage = 40mv?
2. Which of the following conditions is responsible to drive a low resistance load by the current amplifier circuit?
a) Ro << RL
b) Ro >> RL
c) Rs >> Ri
d) Rs << Ri
3. What happens to the non-linear distortion due to the initiation of the negative feedback?
a) level of non- linear distortion increases
b) level of non- linear distortion decreases
c) level of non- linear distortion remains stable
d) level of non-linear distortion changes sinusoidal
4. For an ideal voltage amplifier circuit, what should be the value of input resistance?
5. Two non-inverting amplifiers, with gain =1 and gain=20 are made using identical operational amplifiers. As compared to the unity gain amplifier, the amplifier with gain=20 has ___________
a) More input impedance
b) Less negative feedback
c) Less Bandwidth
d) Less input impedance
6. A feedback circuit usually employs which type of circuit?
7. Negative feedback in amplifier _____________
a) Improves the signal-to-noise ratio at input
b) Improves the signal-to-noise ratio at output
c) Does not improve the signal-to-noise ratio at I/O
d) Reduce Distortion
8. An ideal OP-Amp Is an ideal ______________
a) Current controlled current source
b) Current controlled voltage source
c) Voltage controlled voltage source
d) Voltage controlled Current source
9. A system has a gain of 80 db without feedback, if the negative feedback is 1/50th. What is the closed loop gain of the system in db with the addition of the negative feedback?
10. Regarding the negative feedback amplifier, which of the following statements is wrong?
a) Widens the separation between 3db frequency
b) Improves gain stability
c) Increases gain – bandwidth product
d) Reduces distortion