This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Quadrature Carrier Multiplexing”.
1. The advantage of using mechanical filter in filter system of sideband suppression is good band pass.
2. Television transmission is possible through ________
3. The output stage in a television transmitter is likely to be ________
a) screen modulated
b) plate modulated
c) rectangular modulated
d) grid modulated
4. The rms value of a thermal noise voltage is proportional to (where k is Boltzmann’s constant) _______
5. In amplitude modulation, magnitude of side bands is ________ times the carrier amplitude.
6. Autocorrelation function of white noise is ________
a) an impulse function
b) a step function
c) a constant
d) a variable
7. For a human eye the minimum viewing angle of resolution should be ʎ⁄D where D is iris opening and ʎ is wavelength of light.
8. Noises which get generated within the receiver is called ________
a) Internal noise
b) External noise
c) Man-made noise
d) Extraterrestrial noise
9. In a Vidicon camera tube, the side of target plate facing the light has a coating of Sno2 (tin oxide) and the side facing electron gun has a coating of antimony trisulphide.
10. Marconi antenna ________
a) is a grounded antenna
b) is an ungrounded antenna
c) can either be grounded or ungrounded antenna
d) can neither be grounded nor ungrounded antenna