This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Qualitative Theory of the p-n junction”.
1. Initially, the p-type carriers are located to the____________of the semiconductor.
2. The displacement of the charges results in
a) Magnetic field
b) Electric field
d) Hall effect
3. The donor ions is represented by a positive plus sign. Is it True or False?
4. What is the value of 1 micron?
5. Which of the following options doesn’t defined for the necessity for the existence of the potential barrier?
d) Fermi dirac
6. The un-neutralised ions in the neighbourhood of the junction are known as
a) Depletion charges
b) Uncovered charges
c) Mobile ions
d) Counter ions
7. Which of the following results when the equilibrium established in a semiconductor?
a) Restrain the process of diffusion
b) Electric field becomes very high
c) Both a and b
d) None of these
8. Under the open-circuited conditions the net hole current must be zero. Is this statement is True or false?
9. Which of the following doesn’t defines for the junction which is depleted of mobile charges?
a) Depletion region
b) Uncovered region
c) Space charge region
d) Transition region
10. Convert 10 micron to meters.