This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Random Process”.
1. White noise with power density No/2 = 6 microW/Hz is applied to an ideal filter of gain 1 and bandwidth W rad/s. If the output’s average noise power is 15 watts, the bandwidth W is
a) 2.5 x 10 (-6)
b) 2.5p x 10 (-6)
c) 5 x 10 (-6)
d) p5 x 10 (-6)
2. For random process X = 6 and Rxx (t, t+t) = 36 + 25 exp(|t|). Consider following statements:
(i) X(t) is first order stationary.
(ii) X(t) has total average power of 36 W.
(iii) X(t) is a wide sense stationary.
(iv) X(t) has a periodic component.
Which of the following is true?
a) 1, 2, and 4
b) 2, 3, and 4
c) 2 and 3
d) only 3
3. Air craft of Jet Airways at Ahmedabad airport arrive according to a Poisson process at a rate of 12 per hour. All aircraft are handled by one air traffic controller. If the controller takes a 2 – minute coffee break, what is the probability that he will miss one or more arriving aircraft?
(Q.3-Q.4) The two-level semi-random binary process is defined by X(t) A or -A where (n 1)T < t < nt and the levels A and -A occur with equal probability. T is a positive constant and n = 0, ±1, ±2.advertisement
4. The auto correlation Rxx(t1 = 0.5T, t2 = 0.7T) will be
c) A x A
d) 0.5 (A x A)
5. The mean value E[X(t)] is
6. A random process is defined by X(t) + A where A is continuous random variable uniformly distributed on
(0,1). The auto correlation function and mean of the process is
a) 1/2 & 1/3
b) 1/3 & 1/2
c) 1 & 1/2
d) 1/2 & 1
7. A stationary random process X(t) is applied to the input of a system for which h(t) = u(t) t2 e(-8t). If E[X(t)] = 2, the mean value of the system’s response Y(t) is
8. The E[X2(t)] is
9. The mean value E[X(t)] is
10. The variance is