This set of Digital Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Read Only Memory(ROM) – 2″.
1. MOS ROM is constructed using __________
2. The full form of EEPROM is __________
a) Erasable Electrically Programmable ROMs
b) Electrically Erasable Programmable ROMs
c) Electrically Erasable Programming ROMs
d) Electrically Erasable Programmed ROMs
3. The MOS technology based semiconductor ROMs are classified into _____ categories.
4. Which of the following best describes EPROMs?
a) EPROMs can be programmed only once
b) EPROMs can be erased by UV
c) EPROMs can be erased by shorting all inputs to the ground
d) EPROMs can be erased electrically
5. What type of memory is not directly addressable by the CPU and requires special software called EMS (expanded memory specification)?
6. What is the major difference between DRAM and SRAM?
a) Dynamic RAMs are always active; static RAMs must reset between data read/write cycles
b) SRAMs can hold data via a static charge, even with power off
c) The only difference is the terminal from which the data is removed—from the FET Drain or Source
d) DRAMs must be periodically refreshed
7. The Width of a processor’s data path is measured in bits. Which of the following are common data paths?
a) 8 bits
b) 12 bits
c) 16 bits
d) 32 bits
8. Which bus is used for input and output in case of microprocessor operation?
a) Address bus
b) System bus
c) Control bus
d) Data bus
9. Which of the following is not a part of Hard disk?
10. In the floppy drive, data is written to and read from the disk via a magnetic _____ head mechanism.
11. Which type of ROM has to be custom built by the factory?
b) Mask ROM
12. Which ROM can be erased by an electrical signal?
b) Mask ROM
13. What does the term “random access” mean in terms of memory?
a) Any address can be accessed in systematic order
b) Any address can be accessed in any order
c) Addresses must be accessed in a specific order
d) Any address can be accessed in reverse order
14. The computer’s main memory is __________
a) Hard drive and RAM
b) CD-ROM and hard drive
c) RAM and ROM
d) CMOS and hard drive
15. A major disadvantage of the mask ROM is that ____________
a) It is time consuming to change the stored data when system requirements change
b) It is very expensive to change the stored data when system requirements change
c) It cannot be reprogrammed if stored data needs to be changed
d) It has an extremely short life expectancy and requires frequent replacement