This set of Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Reduction of Errors in Potential Transformers”.
1. Winding resistance of a P.T. can be reduced by _________
a) using thick conductors
b) decreasing the length of the winding
c) shorting the primary and secondary windings
d) using thin conductors
2. Leakage reactance is minimised by _________
a) using thin conductors
b) reducing leakage flux
c) increasing flux density
d) shorting the windings
3. High flux density is due to less turns.
4. Ratio error in a P.T. depends on _________
a) secondary current
b) primary voltage
c) secondary current
d) turns ratio
5. In a P.T. values of components of currents are negligible.
6. Ratio error can be minimised by _________
a) reducing the turns
b) reducing the current
c) increasing the voltage
d) using a good core material
7. Another method of eliminating the ratio error is _________
a) by reducing secondary turns
b) by increasing the primary turns
c) by increasing secondary turns
d) by reducing the primary turns
8. How is the voltage ratio dependent on the frequency?
a) they are independent of each other
b) they aid each other
c) they oppose each other
d) depends on the setup of the circuit