This set of Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Schering Bridge”.
1. Schering bridge is one of the most widely used AC bridges.
2. Schering bridge is used for _________
a) low voltages only
b) low and high voltages
c) high voltages only
d) intermediate voltages only
3. Power factor of a Schering bridge is _________
a) p.f. = sin∅x = Zx⁄Rx
b) p.f. = cot∅x = Rx⁄Zx
c) p.f. = cos∅x = Rx⁄Zx
d) p.f. = tan∅x = Rx⁄Zx
5. For a series RC circuit, what is δ?
a) voltage between series RC combination and C
b) voltage between series RC combination
c) voltage across C
d) voltage across R
7. Quality factor is given by which of the following expression?
a) Q = 1⁄R
b) Q = R
c) Q = X⁄R
d) Q = XR
8. Dissipation factor is the reciprocal of quality factor.
9. Commercial Schering bridge can be used for the measurement of capacitances from _____________
a) 10pF to 0.1nF
b) 100pF to 1μF
c) 50nF to 10mF
d) 25mF to 5F
10. A Schering bridge can be used for the ______________
a) measuring voltages
b) measuring currents
c) testing capacitors
d) protecting the circuit from temperature rises