This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Small – Scale Multipath Propagation”.
1. Fading is caused by interference.
2. Which of the following is not an effect caused by multipath in radio channel?
a) Rapid changes in signal strength
b) Random frequency modulation
c) Power of base station
d) Time dispersion
3. Small scale fading describes the _________ fluctuations of the amplitude, phases of a signal.
4. In urban areas, fading occurs due to height of mobile antenna ________ than height of surrounding structure.
d) Very larger
5. Apparent shift in frequency in multipath wave is caused due to relative motion between________
a) Base station and MSC
b) Mobile and surrounding objects
c) Mobile and MSC
d) Mobile and base station
7. Doppler shift is directly proportional to __________
b) Height of antenna
c) Power of receiving antenna
d) Power of transmitter
8. Signal will distort if transmitted signal bandwidth is greater than bandwidth of __________
b) Radio channel
c) Multipath channel
9. Which of the following factor does not influence small scale fading?
a) Multipath propagation
b) Power density of base station
c) Speed of mobile
d) Speed of surrounding objects
10. What is a measure of the maximum frequency difference for which signals are strongly correlated in amplitude?
a) Coherence bandwidth
b) Narrow bandwidth
c) Incoherent bandwidth
d) Wide bandwidth
11. Doppler shift is positive if mobile is moving away from direction of arrival of the wave.
12. The Doppler shift for mobile moving with constant velocity, v is given by _______
a) (v*cos θ)/λ
c) v*cos θ